Saturday, December 29, 2007

Back in NYC

Hello all! I'm back in the States, NYC!! I had a lovely time in the UAE, and I look forward to posting photos and telling you stories of my visit to Dubai, Sharjah, and Fujeirah. The day before I left - the 27th of December - I went on a typical tourist "Desert Safari" - which included dune bashing (driving really fast and crazy through sand dunes and hills), sand boarding (which is going down sand hills on a snow board), and a barbeque with henna painting, camel riding, and a belly dance performance. I'm a little shy to admit I take such touristy trips, but it was fun, and I know now that when I go back to Dubai - hopefully I can take longer trips of the parts I really enjoyed. I definitely found sand boarding fun, because - it doesn't hurt when you fall --- the sand is like air...

Below there are three photos: The first I am getting henna painting on my arm...Can you believe I never noticed the little boy looking on until I got this photo from Ali? In the next photo, I am sand boarding (falling down that is) and - you see! - I have no shame to put such a humiliating photo of me on the internet -- perhaps one in ten were so uncoordinated that they fell....sand boarding is not so difficult really...but I was apparently only looking at my feet, and not straight ahead!
The third photo is our group that drove together in the desert safari - we had a wonderful time. They were German- from Frankfurt.

No comments: