Monday, July 17, 2006

Back from the cold and sneezing two hundred times a day


This was a picture of the "44 springs" that I wanted to post before and ...that we went to last week. Just now we've returned from a three day adventure to the mountain passes on our way to Hojand, the second largest city in Tajikistan. We slept the first night in a small town called Ayni and then in Istaravshan. From Istaravshan we went by car to Hojand. We visited the city of Hojand for a few hours and then took a plane back to Dushanbe. It was a long three days but I really got to see more of this amazing and beautiful country. There are so many photos I would love to share with you and I will do my best despite the slow internet connection. I didn't realize on the way to Ayni how cold it would be up in the mountains (despite the fact that my host father told me there would be snow) and so the major memory from this trip is a horrid cold....

No comments: