Sunday, September 23, 2007

Police Training and Birthday Party

Hello!
Day 4. Police Training in Varzob was a Trip! I really enjoyed the 10 hours of constant lecture in Russian. I learned a lot of words, or remembered them. The training location was amazing, and I will gladly go back for 10 more hours tomorrow. It was the first completely clean, smell free bathroom, kitchen, and dining room I have seen on such a trip. The scenery from the windows is amazing, only problem is sitting still most of the day and listening to lectures in Russian about basic human rights - definitely good for my language skills. Up till now, I've also been returning home to an apartment that only has russian and tajik language television channels, actually three channels only, and one of which is Russian Planet. I went to see my old host family last night for my host mother's birthday. The two bedroom apartment had 30 people in it, and about 6 girls under the age of 6 who were thrilled to see me. :) The grandma has moved in, which is one of the reasons I've been prompted not to return. Till later.

No comments: