Thursday, February 24, 2005

Earthquakes and Visits to Small Towns

Hello Everyone,

I am not posting as much writing as before, because I think that pictures speak for themselves most of the time (and of course I am very busy)...although many people have complained that I'm too brief. This last week I had a four day weekend and I took a small trip to the towns (not villages according to the residents) of Kashan and Bidgol. They were quite wonderful, because in comparison to Tehran -- there was fresh air, no traffic and definitely a small-town atmosphere. The religious holidays appeared to encompass the entire country and all the men, at least in Kashan, were involved in the processions. Most were actively participating, but some were just watching. Some people in Tehran claim that most people just watch. For those of you interested, the earthquake was not felt in Tehran, but it just reminds the country again how vulnerable everyone and everything is to earthquakes. I feel that many people in Tehran are worried about the earthquake that Tehran is expecting...especially the foreigners who are just here visiting. They always ask me if I am worried like they are. I guess I am! So, the pictures below are from Kashan and Bidgol, and the first two are at the Shah's Palace. Please feel free to let me know what kinds of pictures you'd like to see.

No comments: